Thursday, July 11, 2013

"You're not meeting our standards..."

recently...ok, let's be real - may 7th, around 1:45 PM, i was fired.  GASP!  i know.  the reason: "you're not meeting our standards."  i was in shock.  i sat there, letting anger rise within me, thinking i have:
    - out worked
    - out served
    - out sweated
    - bled
    - cried
    - stayed up 'till all hours of the night just to get the job done

and you're letting ME go?!?!?  i really thought all of it was a joke. and when i realized it wasn't, i choked back tears,  ran from the building and have been throwing myself a HUGE pity-party ever since.

fast forward to july 5.  after an afternoon with my bosom buddy & dear friend, and an evening of prophetic ministry in our home, the Lord has begun i've allowed the Lord to begin working in me, show me a new direction, and i've opened my ears to His voice. sometimes you me we just need to hear ourselves talk out loud to realize how ridiculous we've allowed ourselves to become and for change to begin.  thank the Lord for july 5.

all that to say, remember my title? well today's whisper came in just the same wording but about my spiritual life.  while i believe and put my faith in Him, my way of living for Him and the standard to as to which i hold my life to, is not up to the standard He's called me to live.  and there's no pity party to be had here, i just have quite a bit  of work to do.

i desire to live His plan for me, not anyone else's idea of what that means or even my own.

so i'm getting to work. and good news THE PITY PARTY IS O-V-E-R!

--------------------------------

also, this message by Charlotte Gambill is fantastic.  it's a simple truth that we all need reminding of.  i took quite a bit away from it.  however, the statement that brought the most conviction and caused my eyes to open was this one,
"don't be so busy you don't have time to be who God has called you to be."<---------- guilty="" p="">
http://www.milestonechurch.com/media/message-archive/series/62/

No comments:

Post a Comment